By: Tyler Lehmann
Life is busy. You know it, and I know it. With classes, jobs, sports, internships and everything else on that mile-long to-do list of yours, taking the time to grow your relationship with God is often the last thing on your mind.
I could tell you all about how important it is to read your Bible every day and go to church every Sunday (and yes, those things are important), but it’s equally important to avoid turning God into a chore. Spending quality time with God isn’t supposed to be a burden—it’s a blessing, and it’s easy to forget that.
With that in mind, here are 15 easy ways to incorporate faith into the things you already do every day. This isn’t a list of more things to cram into your life, but instead, a list of ideas for getting God involved in the daily routine you already have.
- Write a favorite Bible verse on a sticky note and put it on your refrigerator or bathroom mirror.
- Carry wallet cards with Bible verses. You can print your own free with The Verse Card Maker.
- “Like” your church or favorite Christian media (us, perhaps?) on Facebook and follow them on Twitter for inspiration in your newsfeed.
- Pray out loud while you’re driving, as if God is sitting right in the passenger seat.
- Sign up for daily Bible verse text messages. Free services include Bible SMS and Bible to Mobile.
- Wear a piece of Christian jewelry as a reminder.
- Subscribe to a Christian podcast on iTunes or a Christian YouTube channel. Some podcasts you might like include the RELEVANT Podcast and Desiring God Sermons Audio. On YouTube, check out The One Minute Apologist and Jefferson Bethke.
- Tune your car’s radio to a Christian station.
- Pray during your workout.
- Set your homepage to a Christian website or blog (hint, hint).
- When you’re at the store or ordering fast food, show Christ’s love in your attitude.
- If you use a day planner, write down prayer needs in it.
- Sign up to receive a Christian e-newsletter in your inbox. You can choose from a wide variety at Crosswalk.com and Christianity Today.
- Pray in the shower.
- Listen to your favorite Christian music during a study break.
To be human is to need God. You were created for a relationship with him. For many of us, though, connecting faith and life seems out of the question when we already have more commitments than we can handle.
It doesn’t have to be hard. These 15 tips are meant to fit into the activities that already fill your day. It isn’t matter of adding more, it’s about finding simple ways to make God a part of the things you already do.
What are some other ways you incorporate God into your everyday life? Tell us your ideas in the comments below.